Thursday, July 24, 2008

Well, Hello Dolly...

Well, we just had a ill-planned trip. My brother's family and my family coordinate our trips to Harlingen (Christmas and Summer) so that we can all be there together. With our daughters in adolescence, the calendars fill up pretty quickly. So the only time we could all be together was SUPPOSED to be Saturday through Wednesday. It became clear by Sunday that we might have to leave a little sooner than expected because of a little hurricane brewing in the Gulf. By Monday, my step-mother was urging us to leave on Tuesday.

Judging from the initial reports on Sunday and Monday, I wasn't so sure we were going to encounter more than some harsh wind and rain and thought everyone was just a little paranoid.

We decided to go ahead and cut our trip short but not without going to our favorite Mexican food at Las Vegas Cafe. YUMMMM!!!!

I am glad we came back! My uncle and step-mother both had some damage and have been without power since 10:00 Wednesday morning. All are safe... Hot and bored... but safe.

Meanwhile, we had a great lazy last day of vacation yesterday while my family nearly blew away. Went to see Get Smart together ("that's not cheese!"). As we were leaving the theater, Seth offered his insight that it Get Smart was probably the best choice of movie for our entire family to see together since the boys didn't want to see Mamma Mia and the girls don't want to see Hancock. Dad is the only one who wanted to see Dark Knight. I still CAN'T WAIT to see it!!!

I liked having a day at home to recover from travel before going back to work.

1 comment:

emily and kyle said...

Glad you guys made it home safely!!