Thursday, February 28, 2008

One more thing...

In my post yesterday, I did not address the issue of how my faith is influencing this opinion. I agree again with Christine that as followers of Christ it is imperative that we "care for the widows and orphans" and in today's society that includes equal access to health care. I filter this imperative with the understanding that God typically gives us a choice to obey or not to obey. There will be consequences respective to our choices. Therefore, since God does not force us into obedience, I don't deem it appropriate for government to do so with regard to this issue.

Let me again explain that I am not in favor of keeping the health care system the same, nor am I in favor of Canadian-style "socialized medicine" there has to be a medium-ground solution.

No comments: