Friday, November 25, 2011

Fast - Day 3

Today, I noticed not having access to social media more than the other two.  The family and I shopped most of the day, and there were those times I was waiting that I am accustom to just pulling out the phone and checking.  Also, posting the link to yesterday's post on Facebook made me more anxious to check because I like the instant gratification of being able to see "likes" or comments on FB. 

Today was a good day to measure efficiency simply because we did not do much.  I was forced to re-engage what used to be one of my favorite things to do -- people watching.  I did not do more reading, but found myself watching television during the "down time." 

We attended the Stamford/Albany football game tonight in the heavy drizzle and cold.  I found it humorous how many people had their smart phones out in the wet weather and were checking FB or sending text messages. 

No comments: