Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fast - Day Four

I awakened this morning to learn that the NBA lockout is ending.  This news made me want to check Twitter because I follow many NBA players and ESPN broadcasters, and I wanted more information - more firsthand information.  But, I remained begrudgingly faithful to the fast. 

There were many plans made for the day that mostly included decorating the house inside and out for Christmas.  The weather was cold and EXTREMELY windy to the point of being unable to even keep the storage building's door open with 3 of us out there trying to keep it open and unload decorations.  So, we quickly decided, it would be a bad idea to get the decorations out for the day.  So, I spent much of the day doing laundry, reading, and grading.  There were a few times I felt compelled to check FB or had a status idea, but the feelings and thoughts were fleeting.    Then that evening, I got an email notifying me that I was tagged in a status that Laurie posted, and I really wanted to read it.  My rationalizations increased and even as I compose this post, I am wanting to check FB on my computer and rationalize that I will just keep it off my phone.  But, I've committed to a week, and I will attempt to meet that goal. 

No comments: